This great spread is served in typical Heurigen wine taverns throughout Austria's wine growing regions and is served best on pumpernickel or rye bread.
Makes about 1 cup (6 to 8 appetizers):
* 8 ounces smooth farmer's cheese (at room temperature)
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon anchovy paste or finely chopped anchovies
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
* 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Serve on rye or pumpernickel bread and garnish with fresh cut chives.
I found this recipe on visiteurope.com .