Eggs, baked in layers of potato slices, eaten as a snack or first course
* 4 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
* 4 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
* 4 anchovies, chopped
* 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
* 125 ml single cream
* Pinch of salt
* Ground black pepper, to taste
* 125 g dried breadcrumbs
Mise en place
Pre-heat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4).
1. Grease a casserole dish and arrange one third of the potato slices on the bottom.
2. Cover with a layer of half the eggs and anchovies.
3. Repeat the layers, having the final third of the potatoes on the top.
4. Sprinkle with half the parsley.
5. Mix the cream with the remaining parsley and the seasonings and pour over the potatoes.
6. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake for 30 minutes.
Omit the anchovies if you are a vegetarian.
I found this recipe on cookipedia.co.uk .
Labels: main dish