This recipe is a sample of the Menu "A Taste of Imperial Vienna" at the Kronprinz Rudolph Restaurant in Vienna
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : approx. 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 8 small veal schnitzels from the joint, about 80 g each
- cream, white wine, butter, lard
- 200 g lean, finely ground veal for stuffing
- pistachios, pine nuts
- black chanterelles
- a few nice spinach leaves
- 8 stalks of green asparagus
- 500 g fresh mushrooms
- 2 small onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 g rice
- chopped fresh herbs
- Salt, white pepper
1. Make the filling by combining the ground veal with the salt, white pepper, cream, pine nuts, pistachios and black chanterelles.
2. Tenderize the veal schnitzel under a cloth, salt, cover with the blanched spinach leaves and cover thinly with the filling.
3. Roll up and tie with a piece of string.
1. Sear on all sides in the butter and lard and then roast slowly in the oven until finished.
2. Keep the roulades warm while you make a light jus in the pan with white wine and a bit of cream.
1. Lightly fry the sliced onions in the butter and lard, add the washed and quartered mushrooms and roast briefly.
2. Add some white wine, season with salt, white pepper and garlic, cook briefly and then finish with cream.
3. Cook rice in a steamer. Mix the steamed rice with the chopped herbs.
1. Cut once diagonally through the roulades and surround with the jus.
2. Serve with the green asparagus, creamed mushrooms and herb rice on the side.